Friday, July 24, 2009

Afternoon learning to skip











When I was a little girl, my sister and I would spend summer days skipping down our dirt road, or hula hooping for hours. Literally sometimes we would have contest to see who could outlast the other. We could go for two or three hours and never drop the hula hoop. Those were such wonderful summer afternoons spent playing and drinking koolaid.
Today my husband and I spent the afternoon teaching our children how to skip. "This is fun mom" my son repeated time and time again. It touched my heart and reminded me how much they need us to play and have fun with them. To really know thier hearts and show them how to do the things we sometimes forget about, like learning to skip.
Yes, that is my 6'4 husband doing a cartwheel. Ain't he the best? We think so.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!!