Tuesday, June 8, 2010

OH SO GOOD......Iced Mocha!

Do we all love the Starbucks?
I LOVE coffee, no matter what time of day it is, but I do try to limit myself to two cups a day (usually). I try o.k.

In the hot summer, my sister and I love iced coffee. We love Starbucks iced coffee, Dunkin Donuts iced coffee, and even Mc D's iced mocha. What I don't like is paying $3-5 for a coffee.
Maybe once a month or so as a special treat. Until now!!

I have a recipe for the most awesome Iced Mocha coffee. In my opinion, it gives Starbucks a run for their money. Seriously, it's that good!!

I found the recipe in a magazine. Of course, I had to tweak it a bit to make it my own.

Ingredients:
  • Really strong chilled coffee...at least 3 Tablespoons of coffee to 1 cup of water. Make several cups at once because you will want another. Trust me! Put coffee in the fridge or freezer until chilled.


  • milk
  • chocolate syrup
  • crushed ice
  • flavored creamer if you like (my husband loves French Vanilla creamer)

Drizzle the bottom of your cup with chocolate syrup. Add about a cup of crushed ice, and a splash of liquid flavored creamer if it suits your fancy. Pour on the strong coffee (I'm talkin, grow hair on your chest strong). Top with milk and stir.

Nothing exact with the measurements...just a little more of this or a little less of that until it's what you like. I prefer less sweet with more coffee and a splash of milk. Top with whip cream if you want.

Try it!! You will luv luv luv it! So will your wallet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!!