Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Few Of My Favorite Things

I believe whole hearted that you should live with what you love most.

The Word of God is something I couldn't be without.
Could You??
On January 1, 2010, I set out on a journey to read the Bible completely.
The One Year Chronological Bible has made it easy to read along in sections everyday.
I have learned so much about God on this journey. Much of it for the first time. I have learned of the strength and determination of a mother named Rizpah, the fierceness of David as a warrior and a King, the wisdom of King Solomon and how both he and David disappointed God when they failed to follow His direction. I have learned how the Hebrew people just never seemed to get it. All that they witnessed on their journey out of bondage from Egypt, and they still made idols to worship.

I'm actually reaching the half way point in the Bible. Through Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, Ruth (I love reading of Ruth and Boaz), 1 &2 Samuel, 1&2 Kings, and 1&2 Chronicles. I have loved this time with God so much, think I'll start again next January.
Get into the Word! Feed yourself this manna from God. He will speak into your life...there is nothing greater in this life, than a relationship with Jesus.



I love to sew.
My love for sewing started at about eight or nine years old. I had a neighbor friend and her mother made quilts. Beautiful quilts! I would ride my bike over and sit and watch her mother and grandmother hand stitch these beautiful heirlooms. I would plunder through my own mother's sewing box. Slowly, I began to put together my own sewing kit. Scraps of fabrics, needles and thread...my first sewing machine sewed yarn through paper. I loved that machine (a toy really). I so wished we would have saved it for my daughter.

This is a patch quilt I have been hand quilting for my daughter. I used all her infant blankets, baby cloths, and Winny Pooh curtains that used to hang in her nursery. It is almost ready for the binding.

This is my very first sewing machine, and it was given to me by my dear MIL. She is an excellent seamstress. She traded up about twelve years ago to a Janome and I was blessed with her old New Home. Seriously, it's a very basic machine but it runs perfectly. Her fancy embroidering Janome has seen the shop many a days but not this fossil. They don't make'em like they used too...


Two of my favorite 'things'! Thing one and thing two as they work together. Joyfully!! (most days)



When we built our home, we said that we would take our time and save for the things to make it "homey."
We saved and looked for along time. It had to be leather because well.....things happen. Leather wipes clean easily. It had to be firm and rustic with picture frame stitching.

I searched all over and online. Found this set at Ashley online but it was way out of our budget. A few months go by and I flipped through a Memorial day sale flyer one day standing at my mailbox. In the bottom corner was a small clip of a photo of this sofa on sale locally. I went the very next day. Showed the sale lady the flyer and said, "please show me this exact sofa." I couldn't believe it! For what this sofa cost online, we were able to get the sofa, love seat, and chair and half. Plus the ottoman for free! You know I love a bargain!

It's all about making a home.


This is still the most relaxing spot. My beloved finally got his hammock for Father's Day.
I love to curl up with my girl here. We sing 'You Are My Sunshine' here, and sometimes slip off into a peaceful rest here.



This thing.....well....we have a love hate thing going on.
Hate that I have to drag myself here daily for two miles of an up hill climb. But loving when I finish...
Hoping for a good payoff of leaving behind the #s.
Ya no whatta mean??


Surround yourself and your home with what you love most.
Simple things that bring joy.
Love, Life, and Laughter.

Many Blessing from my home to yours...
~brandi






2 comments:

  1. Hi Brandi,
    I love to sew too. You inspire me because you are so wise beyond your years. Thanks for sharing the things you love.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister, You are always an inspiration. Tears, again. I love you! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you!!