Wednesday, December 30, 2009

On the threshold of a new decade...

It's that time again! Do you feel the need to re-invent yourself every new year? I admit that I don't. I am simply comfortable in my own skin right at this moment. But I definitely have PLENTY of room for improvements.

I have just come to acceptance, that my body will never be a size 8 again. Bearing children has reshaped my curves and my metabolism, and I am finely, okay with what I have to work with. I already, watch my intake of food, but I will not jump on the newest diet fad, pill, or food shipment programs. I will always try to motivate myself to walk or bike ride more, but to declare a resolution to exercise everyday. Well that is just ridiculous!


When I think about all the life changes over the last decade, WOW, my entire life changed. Most closest to my heart, I became a mother of two beautiful children. Over the next decade, my children will grow up! My son will become an adult (by the world's standards). This life is just a breath. It passes so fast and then it is over.

I have learned over last ten years, to slow down and savor the moments of life. Like a collection of tiny stones that I gather along the way. I try each day to gather treasures in this mother's heart.
My personal goal this year is to draw closer to Jesus. Closer in prayer, closer in worship, closer in His word! I am setting out on a journey to read the Bible entirely over 2010. I am joining a group of bloggers in reading the One Year Chronological Bible. Over the years, I have read much of God's Word, but never from cover to cover. This journey is very close to my heart. I pray that this time next year, I have an even greater faith based on the reading of God's Word.
My from my heart, I wish you all a Happy New Year!
With Love,
~Brandi

1 comment:

  1. Can you tell me about this bible in a year group , I heard about the 90 day group , but passed it by , they seem to be taking it too fast I would love to have a group to study with and able to ask questions with.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you!!