Saturday, January 2, 2010

Day 2 of 365

So, we are off to the new year! And a blessed new year to all!


Like I said in the last post, this year, I am embarking on a one year reading of The One Year Chronological Bible. I began this quest yesterday with a group of folks that signed up at Tina Johns blog tinajohns.org. If you would like to sign up, go there now and sign up. Just a little about Tina, she and her husband Pastor Christ Central Ministries of Alachua, FL. She is an amazing woman of God. Her blog is beautiful and I always receive encouragement from her message. Go there and visit her!

From what I have read so far, this is a great Bible. I actually skipped ahead Christmas night and read parts of Luke and the entire book of Revelations. I couldn't put it down. In the chronological Bible, events are put into the order that they actually occurred. This allows you to read the Bible as a single story and to see the unfolding of God's plan in history. Which brings me to what is on my mind today.

The Bible is the greatest history and science book ever. So many people, buy into the ridiculous "theory of evolution". They believe millions (or billions) of years ago there was just a "big bang" suddenly in space and that formed the earth. Over millions of years, this ball of dirt evolved. Single cell organism turned into sea creatures that turned into walking fish. Walking fish walked out of the ocean and turned into monkeys that turned into man. Hmmmmmmmm.........and people actually buy this junk.....Hook line and sinker they do! They stake their eternal life on it. I have a few in my extended family that believe these lies. Some are very "book" smart too. I'm talkin PHD smart. She thinks, she is so smart and right, that no one can really have conversation with her. About anything......I had to stop trying to reach her for Jesus years ago. I tried to plant the seed but it was brushed away quickly. I will always be in prayer for her though.

It is so hard for me to grasp, how intelligent thinking people will believe a ridiculous THEORY. But refuse to open the Bible and read the actual history of the earth. From the very moment it was breathed into existence. The first book (Genesis) means beginning. In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was formless and empty, and darkness covered the deep waters. BUT the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters. He was here ALWAYS, always has been, and will always BE. This comforts me so much!

So, God is here ALWAYS. Creating heaven and earth, then creating sun and moon calling them day and night. Creating dry land, plants and animals. Then He scooped up a handful of dust, blew into it and created a man(in God's own image). That's Big, the Creator created human beings in His own image. He gave the man(Adam) dominion over everything. Then God, puts the man to sleep and takes the rib. He makes the rib, woman (Eve). Of course, Ms big britches Eve, had to go disobey the Almighty and bring on the fall of all mankind. Thanks Eve! Luv ya sista! Especially, during child birth! I thought of you while I labored. Girl, I was not thinking about being your bff either. (Of course I'm joking here) well maybe a little. Thanks to her, we have pain bearing children. Let's face it, if not Eve, one of us would have blown it soon or later. We are sinners after all.

I bring all this up because of the history behind it all. It all has relevance to our lives. All the way back, the answers are there. Want to know, why are we here? In the beginning He tells us why.

It makes such PERFECT since. A guess, by a man named Darwin, and FYI even Darwin didn't believe in his theory. The God breathed Word is the actual record of the earth's history. Don't take my word, read it for yourself. If you are a nonbeliever, ask God to open your heart and mind to His love and written Word. He will meet you where you are and He Will open your eyes to the truth.

More to come, I'm sure! This is just day one and already, He is stirring my spirit.


~Brandi

2 comments:

Would love to hear from you!!