Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Simple Life

for most of life, i think we fight God. we keep trying to show him what we think we were made for. we keep giving him better ideas. we keep working for something bigger & greater than anything he seems to have in mind. for many of us, by the time we are in mid-life, we feel we somehow have missed out on some of the great things we were born for. we fight with God over this.

i come to you, however, knowing God made me not to impress you. not to be perfect or a genius. not to make a million dollars!

God made me to be uncomplicated in my faith. to watch children & kites & sunsets & rainbows & enjoy them. to take your hand regardless of who you are or how you look. to listen to you. to accept you right where you are. to love you unconditionally.

God made me to be real. to be honest. to be open. to never compare myself to you, but to strive to become my own best person.
~ann kiemel anderson

Because he made me simple,
i will enjoy...
the blossoming blueberry bush.
a simple candle lit meal with this family.

the blessing's we receive in a nest.


the sprout's of carrot seedlings.



the new growth in the soil.




looking forward to a bountiful harvest.




a girl in pink jammies trailing after her chicken.







a shady swing,
were i can sit with the Word in my lap,
and watch life happen all around me.
these are the things that give me joy and peace.
i am a simple woman,
content to living a simple kind of life.
But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.
1 Timothy 6:6-8
I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Phillippians 4:11-13









No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!!