Tuesday, March 30, 2010

my day

The happenings in a day! We lost one of the kittens last week, and I'm afraid the other is soon to follow. I'm not sure what happened. The first one always seemed a little not healthy. No matter how much, I fed him. He just didn't seem to progress, but kitty 2 was doing good. He was strong until just this morning. I carried him in his box outside beside my garden. I sat down and fed him his bottle of kitten milk. Then, I let him down to crawl around for a few minutes while I planted some seeds. Gracie, came over and was petting him. He hung onto her pant let and then rolled off. Next thing I know he was on his back twitching, and I think at one point he stopped breathing. I scooped him up and put him back in the box. Now, he can't hold his head up right. It's so sad and I don't know what to do for him.

I think this may be why as a child, I never let myself attach to pets because it's so sad to lose them. I have held back from naming the kittens just in case this happened. Animals taken from their mother much too early have such a low survival rate (I think). That's what I tell my children anyway. I tell them the kittens needed their cat mom to look after them and without her, we can only do our best for them.

For now we wait, to see what the morning brings for the little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!!