Saturday, July 3, 2010

Keep'n It Real

After watching the cute movie (Julie and Julia), I wanted to prepare the highlighted dish in the film. Julia Child's recipe for Boeuf Bourguignon. So, what did I do......
Googled it of course. The ingredient list was not too expensive. The most exotic ingredients were pearl onions and a young full-bodied wine like Chianti. I don't know about you but I don't cook with pearl onions and red wine everyday. Occasionally, a little Marsala but not usually a nice red.
The Bourguignon turned out delicious.



But....let me keep it real for ya...

I made the biggest mess ever in my kitchen, and I cleaned as I cooked too.
This was an all day and night event. I prepped and cooked for about six hours and then washed dishes until my hands couldn't take anymore.

Just SO many layers to the recipe. Separate sauce pan for onions, one for mushrooms, drain the meat casserole and wash the pot. Put the meat back into clean pot....and on it went.

I wonder if Julia's kitchen looked like a natural disaster??

It was fun to try something new, but I think this recipe will be filed under annual events. LOL!



~Brandi



2 comments:

  1. You made a delicious Bouef .... I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed! I watched the movie as Julia is in my memory bank. I used to watch her when I was in high school! In fact I had her voice down and for one of my college communications classes I did a speech as Julia. I used a rubber chicken!
    Let me know how your $100 callenge goes. It would be fun to do a post one week after on how it went for you. Are you up for that? If so, I'll send you "interview" questions via email. I started my challenge on Thursday morning since Publix begins their new sales each Thursday. So I'll be officially done with my first week Wednesday night.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you!!