Friday, January 29, 2010

Job suffers........Day 29 of 365

In the Chronological Bible, we are on day 29, and poor Job is in a world of hurt. This man has been through the worst imaginable suffering. He had it all....Family, land, livestock, and the respect of being an elder. Among his people, he was considered a great man. In the eyes of God, Job was a fine man.

One day the members of the heavenly court came to present themselves before the Lord, and the Accuser, Satan, came with them. "Where have you come from?" the Lord asked Satan.
Satan answered the Lord, " I have been patrolling the earth, watching everything that's going on."
Then the Lord asked Satan, "Have you noticed my servant Job? He is the finest man in all the earth. He is blameless-a man of complete integrity. He fears God and stays away from evil."

Like I said before, poor Job. That's all the evil one needed. A praise from God on His servant Job. To the evil one, it was a taunt.

Satan replied to the Lord, "Yes, but Job has good reason to fear God. You have always made him prosper in everything he does. Look how rich he is! But reach out and take away everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face!"

Well there you have it! Satan on the attack. Doing what he does ...attack. God allowed Satan to test Job. He took everything but Job's Life.

I feel so bad for Job. He experienced such anguish and grief that his friends didn't even recognize him. When three friends came upon Job on the road.

When they saw Job from a distance, they scarcely recognized him. Wailing loudly, they tore their robes and threw dust into the air over their heads to show their grief. Then they sat on the ground with him for seven days and nights. No one said a word to Job, for they saw that his suffering was too great for words.

Such suffering! After seven days, Job finds his words. A LOT of words. Then his friends chastise him for a while. And finally God speaks to Job...I can't wait to read what God says to Job, but that is tomorrow's reading. I know ultimately God restores Job's life and blesses him again, but I have never completely read Job's story for myself.

Devoting this time to God's Word has truly blessed my life beyond words. I feel like so much of God is being revealed to me for the very first time. What I want most in my life, is the strongest closest relationship with the Lord and to share it with my children. To reflect the Lord to others. Most days I stumble, but He is always there to dust me off and put me back on my path.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!!