Sunday, August 9, 2009

"Be still, and know that I am God"

Sometimes, I feel God speaking into my spirit. I know that He is calling for me to take a moment and calm myself. "Wait! Listen for Me," He says. I find, that the more I seek His presence in my life, the better I get at discerning His voice over my own. Sometimes, I awake with this scripture in my head (Seek first the Kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added unto you). I know He wants me to begin my day focused on Him. Oh, what a day I will have when I devote a few quiet moments to Him. I love those mornings seeking His presence and finding Him there.

When I want to be in His presence, I either get on my knees in prayer or drink in His Word. Last month, I decided that I wanted to read the entire Bible. I have read alot of it before but not all. I want to read it from beginning to end. No jumping around like when I do a study of a topic. I want to cover it all, in the order it was written. Some people say it is hard to read the Bible but I think it all depends on the attitude you have about it. I am eager to find moments to read the Bible. I thirst for His Word. I love to read books, but this is really the most interesting book I have read. The stories and the history of the world have a hold of me. I can't get enough! And thats only Genesis. Today, I begin the book of Exodus. It is amazing to me how strong my Faith has become just devoting this time to the Lord. I feel Him working in the lives and hearts of my family.... Praise be to Thy name.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!!