Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The drugstore game.......

Welcome class, today we will be learning the art of CVSing.lol! Next to Publix, CVS is my favorite store. Like Publix, CVS is a little pricey unless you know how to make it work in your favor.

Every Sunday the new sales ad comes in the paper. In that CVS ad are items that are labeled free after Extra Care Bucks (ecb for short) and many items that you buy get ecb's back. Let me back up a minute, first thing to do is sign up for the Extra Care card at any CVS. If the applications are not by the door, ask a cashier. O.K. so now you have your extra care card. Register your card online with your e-mail for additional ecb coupons.

In the sale ad are items that you get free after ecb's or nearly free after ecb's & coupons. An example, in this weeks ad are a tone of school supplies for free. I went in Sunday morning to get: transaction #1 compass $.99 get .99 ecb back

scissors 2.99 get 2.99 ecb back

notebook.99 get .99 ecb back

I paid with last weeks roll over ECB of $5.00 + .35tax=.35 out of pocket. I got back one .99ecb+2.99ecb+.99ecb=about 5.00 in extra care bucks to spend. I split my transactions up depending on how many extra care bucks I began with. This way I spend as little out of pocket as possible.

transaction #2 venus razor 8.99 -3.00 manf.coupon=5.99 paid with previous 5.00ecb and 1.00 cash oop and I got back 3.00ecb as in add. I could go on listing different deal scenarios. Each week is different freebies after extra care bucks. Matching coupons with the sales and the extra care bucks gets some very cheap items. I have managed to stock pile shampoo, bodywash, school supplies, toilet paper, Dunkin Donuts coffee (my favorite), and even wine.

The goal is to roll your ECB's over each week. Use your bucks to buy things that get bucks back. Always match coupons to items for extra savings and scan your card at the store price scanner for additional coupon savings. Yes, the scanner prints coupons. You want to keep track of the running total of your transactions because there is no change back when paying with ECBs. Through in a piece of candy to put you a little over. Sometimes I go "all in" and spend them all on whatever, usually coffee and wine. LOL!! a girl has to have her treats.

Comment below if you have questions. It's a little tricky at first, but you will catch on in no time. Go get um CVS shoppers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!!