Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Turning over a new leaf.....

I set the alarm for 7:30 a.m. and rolled myself out of my extremely comfy latex bed. For some, 7:30 is like sleeping in but not for me. I usually sleep until 8:30 or whenever Grace pulls at my toes. Not this day! I was up, coffee alarm set and made, swimsuit on and out I went. First, I sat by the pool for a few minutes just taking in the cool morning air, listening to the earth and its inhabitants. A few quiet moments with the Lord.

Then, I dove in. The water temp. is at its best this time of year. I swam 50 laps, followed by thirty minutes of pilates. I don't know why I haven't been doing this all summer. I feel just great. The exercise has given me so much energy to go through the day. I hope I keep this up. I just know how good it is for my health and self esteem. I will continue to make progress reports.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!!